A Double Dose of ONLINE Fun
What would your fantasy castle look like?
The Eureka Springs Community Center and the Eureka Springs Public Library are working together to make summer more fun for all kids, ages 10-17.
Whether you are participating in one or both programs, it’s a great way to virtually see friends and share ideas. All our art classes will be on Zoom and provide fun without leaving your home.
Create Your Fantasy – Summer Youth Program – Program starts June 17 – Late registration available by approval.
Each week Eureka Springs High School art teacher, Jessica Cummings, will teach you how to utilize a variety of art supplies and mediums to create some of their favorite fantasy fiction characters, locations, and concepts.
Middle Earth can be reconfigured. Avatars can be uniquely crafted. Logos for new Quidditch teams can bedevil Hogwarts students. Narnia’s closet can lead elsewhere. Dungeons & Dragons can take on a new dimension. It’s all up to you – use your creativity, skill, and imagination to shape your world!
How Does Create Your Fantasy Work?
- All instruction and interaction is delivered on-line to you via Zoom. Zoom is free to use but participants must have access to a computer or phone and the Zoom software downloaded prior to meeting.
- Each week participants receive an email with that week’s Zoom meeting invitation and suggested supply list for the meeting.
- If you don’t receive the email on Sunday, give us a call on Monday!
- Please use your own art supplies, if available.
- If you don’t have art supplies, they can be provided by the Community Center, at no charge. Any necessary art supplies will be delivered to local participants (72631 or 72632).
- There is no charge or membership requirement for the program thanks to the Community Center and Back Our Kids/Flint Street.
- Free contact-less supply delivery for the program is provided thanks to Answering The Call.
When is Zoom Instruction?
Wednesdays at 10 AM
June 17th – July 22nd
A Big Party, Prizes, Awards?
You bet! A special online party for all that stuff will happen on
Wednesday, July 22nd at 10 am
Let’s Have Fun!
Make a “splash” with a paint brush! You can participate even if you’re on vacation. Ask Grandma if you can use her computer, or take a lap top to the lake. “Necessity is the mother of invention.” Get creative.
Questions? Contact us by email or phone at 479-239-0029
Jessica Cummings has been the high school art teacher in Eureka Springs for the past 12 years. She has a Bachelor of Fine Arts with an emphasis in painting and photography and a Masters in Educational Theory and Practice. As an art teacher she has taught drawing, painting, photography, mixed media, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, and much more. Jessica has led teacher workshops at the Arkansas Art Educators Association Conference and is excited to be a part of her first summer program at the ESCC.
Don’t forget to fill out and email your registration form. All participants who register during the first week will receive a free tee shirt!